Senior Software Developer
Although we need someone who can code with the best of them, this is only a portion of your job.
As a senior dev, you’ll need to apply your extensive experience to multiple other areas at Smoke CI; you will shape the tech stack we use, you will advise on architecture decisions, and you will be required to create code that can handle more data than the run-of-the-mill web application.
Teamwork is crucial- we plan extensively, and work in close conjunction with other devs and our QA department.
Lastly, it’s important that you have an opinion. We welcome anything that will change our course for the better. If our ideas are bad, and you give us a way to make them better, you’re fitting in just fine!
Essential experience & knowledge required
- Minimum of 5 - 6 years’ job-related experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a SQL-based database. Bonus points for non-relational DB experience.
- Knowledge and working experience with web applications & architecture
While we used to recruit for a specific language, we’ve come to understand that that’s not how the industry works anymore, and that a good dev will not have a problem making a shift to a similar language.
We need a candidate who has understanding of how to structure, develop, and maintain a web application.
Examples of these might include, but are not limited to:
- PHP (using an MVC Framework)
- A thin VueJS front-end with a Lumen backend
- In addition to the web-application aspect, we produce microservices & RESTful APIs, and need to authenticate these interactions & scale for massive throughput. Understanding these concepts is key.
For the full job spec, contact firstname.lastname@example.org